Monday, January 18, 2016

Statue of Liberty


"Statue of Liberty"
Day 18
8"x6" oil on canvas panel
$75.00
SOLD

No series about scenes from New York City would be complete without the Statue of Liberty, so here is my version.  

If you read my blog yesterday, you may remember my vivid blue skies above Battery Park.  I mentioned if you looked to the left across the Hudson River this is the eerie sight you would see.  It was almost as though a curtain had been drawn to separate the beautiful blue skies from the misty haze over the water.

My color palette consisted of three values of Torrit Grey by Gamblin Artist's Oil Colors and a little yellow ochre and a dab of ultramarine blue for the trees surrounding the base of the statue.

A very simple and monochromatic scene which I rather like!

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, gorgeous grays! Beautiful painting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris, thank you so much. Torrit Grey to the rescue! I appreciate you taking the time to make such a sweet comment.

      Delete
  2. So atmospheric..wonderful sense of depth ..it's wonderful, Kathy !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate you making such a nice comment, Mary. Thank you so much. I was pleased with how this turned out. As you know, I usually use a LOT more color.

      Delete
  3. Hey Kathy! Such a beautiful series! John & really like this one & would like to purchase it. Please let me know how to go about doing so. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete