Wednesday, January 20, 2016

From the 86th Floor


"From the 86th Floor"
Day 20
8"x6" oil on canvas panel
$75.00

This 30-day series has been labeled by me as New York City street scenes.  But today I am taking you up 86 floors to the Empire State Building observation floor.  My granddaughter Lindsey and I went on this adventure together and I have to say it was totally breathtaking and a memory I will always have in my heart.

Fortunately, Leah was able to nab two express tickets for us which allowed us to bypass all the crowds and long lines and get straight to the top in a very expedited  manner.  We started our journey up at 4 pm (I can say this because of the magic of iPhones and their technology by labeling the time of each photo I took) and were able to take in a few minutes of daylight before experiencing the sunset and then complete darkness with all the twinkling lights of this magnificent city.  

This particular photo that I worked from was taken right at 4:30 pm looking out over the Hudson and across to New Jersey.    I allowed myself to play with these glorious sky colors which is something I do not usually tackle, but I must say it was fun.  In fact, there will be another one tomorrow so please stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment