Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Pumpkin Field - Day 30


"Pumpkin Field"
#30 of 30
6"x8" oil on canvas panel
$75.00

This morning I went plein air painting with the Plein Air Buds out to Hunter Farms just a few miles from my house.   Pumpkins by the hundreds were grouped together in large masses all over this large sunny field so I positioned myself in the shade to capture a few groupings.

This is the last day of the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge.  It has really been a great learning experience and I have struggled many days but I survived!  Participating in this challenge every day has helped me to not only paint daily but also blog daily, share my blog daily on facebook, update my website on a daily basis and link my blog daily to Leslie Saeta's blog along with the hundreds of other artists around the world! 

 It has also been so interesting to discover the work of some of the other artists and follow their progress.  I will miss the challenge but because of the struggles and hurdles I had to jump over, I came out a stronger person and stronger artist. My theme for this 30 day challenge was
"Vacation Memories".  For a purely selfish reason, I have enjoyed going through my vacation photos and reliving the memories created during those trips.  Because life happens, I could not always paint  from my vacation photos and occasionally inserted paintings done plein air (like today) and from earlier in the month when I was in Georgia at a plein air workshop.  

 I have thoroughly enjoyed this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment