Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Recap of my week - Day 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15


I am still coming off my "high" of participating in the Blue Ridge Mountains Art Association plein air paint out and taking part in Jim Richards's fabulous two-day plein air workshop.

The adrenaline is slowly oozing out of my body and I am chilling for a day or so.  Being with great art friends/painting buddies and driving ALL OVER NORTH GEORGIA was such a glorious five days and I am so blessed in so many ways to be able to do these things and have Connie, Dottie, Robin and Durinda in my life.  (Karen, we MISSED you!!)

I was the designated driver and my navigators told me where to turn and when (EXCEPT when Dottie dozed off and Robin was talking on the phone).  All of a sudden I saw interstate signs I had never seen before and alerted my navigators that I think we are in places we have never been before!  They quickly got me turned in the right direction and we were on our way again!

Day 1 of the workshop with Jim Richards took us to Elma's property in Dial GA.  Jim did a great demo, as only he can, and then we started painting with Jim making the rounds to each of our easels.


"Elma's Springhouse"
#11 of 30
8"x10" oil on linen panel



"Across the Road"
#12 of 30
8"x10" oil on linen panel


Day 2 took us out to Mineral Bluff GA and the home of Marsha Savage which is on the Toccoa River.  Jim did a demo of the rocks and rushing waters of the river then we tried to do our best to replicate what we saw as we spread out on the banks.  


"Bend on the Toccoa"
#13 of 30
9"x12" oil on linen panel

Saturday morning we drove out to Noontootla Farms and painted from a small portion of their 1,500 acre spread.  GNATS by the BILLIONS reside here and everyone battled these most pesky insects all day!  By the way, the gnats won!


"Peace in the Valley"
#14 of 30
8"x6" oil on panel
$75.00


"Ramshackle"
#15 of 30
8"x10" oil on linen panel
$100.00

These last two images were painted at Noontootla Farms and these are hanging in the plein air exhibit at Blue Ridge Mountains Arts in Blue Ridge until mid October.  Not my best work but I am still sharing them here. 

 We experienced adventures and memories to last a lifetime!





2 comments: