Saturday, September 20, 2014

Fall Colors on the Marsh - Day 20


"Fall Colors on the Marsh"
#20 of 30
6"x8" oil on canvas pad
$75.00

Back in October of 2011, Steve and I drove to Beaufort, SC to stay for a long weekend at a cute cottage owned by a woman who had brought one of my paintings a couple years earlier.  She wanted an autumn marsh scene and offered her cottage for us to stay in.  So we drove down and took about a hundred photos and enjoyed our stay in this picturesque little town.

Beaufort is a very quaint southern coastal town and is known as the locale for the early 1980's movie "The Big Chill" which was filmed there.  When I paint, I always listen to Pandora Radio on my computer and Marvin Gaye sang to me as I was painting this!!



2 comments:

  1. Kathy, I live in Beaufort, SC. The painting is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jerry, thanks so much for commenting. You have commented before and I want you to know how much I appreciate it. Beaufort is special place.

    ReplyDelete