Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Water Slide Fun - Day 24




"Water Slide Fun"
#24 of 30
8"x6" oil on canvas pad

First of all, my sincerest apologies to my oldest grandchild for this rendition of him coming down the water slide.  As most of you may know, I usually paint landscapes and people very seldom make it into my paintings.  That is a good thing based on this poor painting.  But this challenge for me has been to push myself and stretch and for that I am pleased.

Cameron is now a tall, handsome, very athletic 15 year old.  (Can you tell I am a very proud Grandma?)  Back in 2004, he was just a week or so shy of his 5th birthday.  We were at Holden Beach in NC where we try to go every summer.  He was brave enough to go down the water slide and of course, as proud grandparents, we were there to capture it on camera.

I had chosen another image of him taken from the rear and I may do that one another day.  In hindsight, I should have done that one but I wanted to see if I could capture the rushing waters and his poor little face just got in my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment