Monday, September 12, 2016

Standing on the Shore


"Standing on the Shore"
Day 12 of 30/30
8"x6"
$75.00

I am back home (but exhausted) after spending the last four days participating in a very eye-opening learning experience in a Colley Whisson workshop over in Cary NC.  I have been wanting to study with him for the last couple of years and I am so glad I did!  I plan to write a separate blog post about these four days but I need to play catch up first!

This painting was painted from a photo I took either at String Lake or Jenny Lake in the Tetons.  I really think it is String Lake but I am not sure.  I wanted to simplify the background and foreground and really focus on this clump of trees and I rather like how this one turned out.  As you know, an artist cannot always say this about something they have painted!

Please come back tomorrow as I have another very different tree to share with you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment