Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Nocturne Pines


"Nocturne Pines"
Day 21 of 30/30
8"x6" oil on canvas panel
$75.00

This painting is unusual for a number of reasons, mainly because it is the first time I have ever painted a nocturne.  Most times, nocturnes are painted plein air.  In this instance I was at my grandson's soccer game and looked across the field and saw this view.  I thought it might make an unusual or interesting painting.  It also reinforces for me the need to always have my iPhone with me (which I always do) because you just never know when a scene will intrigue you.  The soccer field was well lit for a night game but I had to really watch my values and not paint too many lighter values as though it was a daytime soccer game being played out in the sunshine.  It was interesting to paint and did not cause me as much difficulty as I thought it might.  

No comments:

Post a Comment