Thursday, September 1, 2016

Cottonwood Creek Aspens




"Cottonwood Creek Aspens"
Day 1
8"x6" Oil on canvas panel
$75

And so begins another challenge of painting 30 paintings in 30 days.  Leslie Saeta started this challenge a few years ago and this is the 3rd time I have participated.  Just over 1,000 artists around the world are also taking part in this challenge and I find it exciting to be on a mission to paint every day!  It is not a contest and there are no rules, but it is a way to allow yourself to paint each day.  Some of my paintings will be good and some will not be so good, but the important thing is that I am trying to improve and the way to do that is to paint more! More importantly, for me, I want to practice or improve on a particular skill and in this case it is trees.  I have always loved trees and have decided to continue this pursuit by painting this topic in a number of different ways.  Hopefully, I will learn along the way!

"Cottonwood Creek Aspens" was inspired by a September trip to Grand Teton National Park when I was there plein air painting with friends a couple years ago.  

I hope you will continue to follow along with me and will return to see what I paint next!

No comments:

Post a Comment