Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Morning Light

Morning Light
16"x16" Oil on gallery wrap canvas
$425.00 

     Have you ever looked through a clothing catalog and see a photo with a color palette that really catches your eye?  That happened to me when I looked through one and came across a photo with a woman wearing a winter coat and hat sitting in a grassy field with mountains off in the distance.  I really thought the colors were so eye-catching that I decided that I would love to incorporate those colors in my painting and that is how this painting was created.  I am rather pleased with how this turned out but I hate to shop and therefore rarely look at catalogs.  Maybe I should to get some more color inspiration!

     Today marks my one-year anniversary blogging.  I don't blog on a weekly basis but feel I need to get more regular with my posts.  I owe it all to attending that fabulous workshop with Dreama Tolle Perry and Leslie Byrd Saeta just a little more than a year ago.  They stressed how important it is to SHARE your art and I must say I love looking at what others share with me via Facebook or through the numerous blogs I subscribe to in my e-mail.  Art enriches my life!  I hope you enjoy some Morning Light!

No comments:

Post a Comment