Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Figure Studies


Grace & Lindsey
14"x11" Oil

I am very blessed to have four beautiful and healthy grandchildren.  In the past few weeks I have attempted the difficult task (for me) of trying to capture them in paint!  It has been a great learning process by helping me to see the subtle value shifts.


Ben
12"x9" Oil


Lindsey
rough sketch

Here are three studies featuring my three younger grandchildren who are now 11, 8 and 4.  These are from photos taken a couple years ago.  My oldest grandchild, Cameron, has not yet been captured.  I am looking for the perfect pose.  It is hard to catch him sitting still because he plays so many sports!    I will keep looking and he will be my next target!


2 comments:

  1. All three paintings are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jerry, thank you so much. I've never met you but I remember your commenting on another of my blog posts. I really appreciate it. My grandchildren are great subjects.

    ReplyDelete