Sunday, January 12, 2014

A little bit of organization

ORGANIZING MY TOYS

The month of January usually propels most people to organize, de-clutter and rearrange.  I am no exception and decided to tackle a portion of my studio where many of my "toys" are.  My paint tube supply has grown and grown and I felt the need to group them by color so I can easily reach for a color that I need.

The fabulous Dreama Tolle Perry has a category on her website with a listing for her "Favorite Things" and I have been eyeing this ArtBin IDS box and felt this was my solution to group all my paints so they can be easily seen.


I ordered two ArtBins from Amazon for my smaller tubes of paints and then discovered some very similar plastic containers in our garage that were not being used that would be perfect for my larger tubes.  I have positioned this small bookcase to the left of my easel so all my colors are readily available.  Of course, artists who use a limited palette of colors do not have this problem but my collection of paints was getting out of control and this solves my dilemma.

Dreama uses this box to stand her tubes up so she can easily squeeze out more paint on her palette while she is painting her demos at her workshops and if it is good enough for Dreama, then it is good enough for me!

1 comment:

  1. Love seeing all that gorgeous oil paint...Love Vasari...And so many other amazing paints...Have fun playing! Great way to see what you have already got too!

    ReplyDelete