Sunday, October 7, 2012

Lined Up


Lined Up
18"x24" Oil on canvas
 
 
     Someday I will travel to Italy to snap photos right and left of all the colorful images popping up all over the place but for now I continue to use my friend Renee's photos from one of her recent trips.  Fortunately for me she snapped quite a few boat photos and in this painting I tried to capture the rugged-looking boats which have been sun drenched through the years from sitting by the dock waiting for someone to come along and take it out into the beautiful waters.
 

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful job on these boats! I can feel the sun aged weathered feel and love the brush/knifework!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cinthia and Kathy. This was a fun one and I used all the colors in my crayon box!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only a dynamic composition, but the flickering color bits are wonderful. I love this color scheme!

    ReplyDelete