Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Stacked Stone Wall

Stacked Stone Wall
9"x12" Oil on canvas panel
$325.00 framed


Today my plein air buds and I travelled a whopping two miles from my house to Providence Presbyterian Church and Cemetery.  The oldest grave dates back to 1764 and the present sanctuary was built in 1858 and is the oldest frame sanctuary in the country!  I drive by this property every day but never went tromping through the woods and graveyard before.  This stacked stone wall grabbed my attention immediately and the sun was peaking through the new growth on the trees in just the right places. 

4 comments:

  1. Kathy that's what happens when you go out painting with friends, you find the most interesting places and discover places you might never have learned about. Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cemeteries can be great places to paint. No one trying to talk to you, huh? Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen and Durinda, this locale was so relaxing except for the little green cankerworms that kept falling from the trees and landing on me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, I love this painting! Great brushwork!

    ReplyDelete